Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chic, Cheap, & Fabulous

I love makeup, but I don't love dishing the money out to buy it. That's probably a reason why i'm obsessed with E.L.F.. If you don't know, that stands for Eyes Lips Face. This makeup is super affordable and the quality is actually pretty good for the price you pay. E.L.F has a few different lines and the prices depend on what line you purchase from. The studio line starts around $3.00 and goes up to about $6.00 for the basics. You can also get pallets of eyeshadow (144-piece) for $15.00 and there's a cheaper one at $10.00. Awesome right? The second line they have is their mineral line. This is exactly what it sounds like. All of their makeup that is made with minerals. The price for these products run along the same price as the studio line. The last line they have is the essential line. Makeup starts at just $1.00! Yeah, you read that right. Brushes, eyeshadows, lip gloss....a dollar. Please go check it out...you won't regret it.

Now for my current collection. Below are some of the products that i'm using on a regular basis. I have more E.L.F. products at home, but since i'm at school I can't bring my whole collection. Most of the products I use are from the studio line. I feel like these products work better for me than the others. I have brushes from both the essential and studio lines as well as as cover-up. Did I mention that they have great nail polish? You might have to put a few coats on to completely cover your nails, but the colors are fantastic. Okay...enough talk...here are the pictures.

 To the left is my current collection. I use this makeup on a regular basis. I have brushes, nail polish, brush cleaner, setting mist, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, baked blush, pressed powder, cream eyeshadow, eye brighter, felt tip liquid eye liner, HD powder, and lip conditioner.
 To the right are a few of my super favorites. I have two bottles of the Makeup Mist & Set. This mist is great. It's affordable and it works. It's made with Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamins A,C, & E. This product definitely elongates the time that my makeup looks good. Second is the Brush Shampoo. If you use makeup brushes, you really should have brush shampoo to keep them bacteria free. This shampoo works pretty well. It removes all of the excess makeup that's left behind in my brushes.

 To the right are some of my favorite studio line products. The High Definition Powder is one of my absolute favorites. It's a great setting powder that gives your skin a nice matte color. My powder is in Clear. The Conditioning Lip Balm is another favorite. I have mine in Peaceful Pink. This is one of the popular colors in this product. I waited forever for it to be back in stock. It is a really pretty light pink that gives your lips just the right amount of color. It also has SPF 15 so it's great for summer time. Lastly, the Matte Eyeshadow. Both of mine are in Muted Mauve. I love the look of matte eyeshadow and this is a great product if you also like that look.




Last but not least, my favorite face products. The Complete Coverage Concealer is a must have for my beauty bag. I have horrendous under-eye circles and this pallet does the trick. Mine is in light. There are multiple shades of concealer all in one pallet. Second is the blush. Mine is in Pink Passion. This blush is extremely pigmented--so a little goes a long way. I love the color. At first I thought that it would be too bright, but it gives my cheeks the perfect amount of rosiness. My eye primer is in Sultry Satin. This is a pretty good primer. My shadow stays nice and bright all day and my eyeliner doesn't smudge. The concealer next to is is in ivory. I also like using this concealer under my eyes and around my nose. The pressed powder is also great. Mine is in Ivory. I use this powder on days that I prefer not to wear foundation. It covers great. Finally the baked blush. This is one of my new favorite products. I have mine in Passion pink. It's a nice mix of brown and pink shades and they combine to make the perfect shade.


So there's my rant on my favorite makeup brand. Below is the link to their site so you can check it out for yourself! Also, there is a link for Influenster. If you don't know what that is, be looking for a blog post on it. Or you can check it out on your own. It's a really neat site!

Xoxo
Ains


Follow me on Twitter @LuvBeauty

1 comment:

  1. You have a GREAT ELF collection! I love ELF makeup, so affordable and some even better quality than standard drugstore makeup that is dollars more in price! :)

    ReplyDelete